NEO iDSD by iFi Audio is an all-new mains powered DAC / Preamp / Headphone Amp, sporting sophisticated circuits to supply superb sonics with every audio format in a home environment.
Designed for maximum flexibility, NEO iDSD has sleek aluminium casework that can be positioned horizontally or vertically, the latter via the supplied stand. An informative OLED display flips automatically to suit the preferred orientation, while a smooth-acting multifunction rotary control ensures the NEO iDSD is simple to use, despite its sophistication and versatility.
Three operational modes ensure the NEO iDSD covers all bases. It can be used as a pure DAC with a fixed-level analogue output to connect to a separate integrated amp or preamp in an audio system. Or it can operate as a DAC/preamp with a variable output, ideal for connecting directly to a power amp or active speakers. And, of course, headphone users can make use of its excellent amplification stage to create a fabulous premium head-fi system.
Whether connected to source devices via cable or high-definition Bluetooth, the NEO iDSD’s next-level digital engine and fully balanced analogue circuits deliver captivating sound – brilliant with music, multimedia content or to enhance your next-generation gaming experience.
Extensive jitter-eradication technologies are applied to the digital stage, including iFi’s GMT (Global Master Timing) femto-precision clock and intelligent memory buffer. NEO iDSD also comes with iFi’s GTO (Gibbs Transient Optimised) digital filter installed; alternative digital filters can be loaded as firmware updates if preferred.
Hi-res audio support is state-of-the-art, handling PCM data to 32-bit/768kHz, all levels of DSD up to DSD512, and single and double-speed DXD.
MQA – the hi-res streaming codec, as used by Tidal’s ‘Masters’ tier – is also supported through the USB and S/PDIF inputs, with full decoding of MQA files up to 384kHz thanks to the processing power of the new 16-core XMOS chip.
The NEO iDSD’s low-noise, high-bandwidth power supply circuity sports linear regulation and delivers excellent PSRR (Power Supply Rejection Ratio) performance. BiCMOS semiconductor technology using a PMOS device achieves ultra-low distortion and excellent transient response. This couples with iFi’s iPower AC/DC adapter, which engenders significantly less noise than other similar devices and is included with the NEO iDSD.
For cable connections, the NEO iDSD provides three digital inputs – asynchronous USB Type B, as well as both optical and coaxial flavours of S/PDIF. Three devices may be connected simultaneously via these inputs, plus a fourth via Bluetooth, with the desired input selected via the front-mounted rotary control.
Balanced outputs are supplied, to make the most of the NEO iDSD’s fully balanced circuitry. To the front, alongside a standard 6.3mm single-ended headphone socket, resides a 4.4mm Pentaconn output for headphones offering balanced connection. An increasing number of high-quality headphones and in-ear monitors either come so equipped or give the option of detaching the cable and upgrading to a 4.4mm Pentaconn connector (this output is particularly recommended for tougher headphone loads). Around the back, to connect the NEO iDSD to an amp and speakers (or active speakers), single-ended RCA outputs are accompanied by a pair of XLR sockets – the standard balanced connector for high-end hi-fi.
- 3-in-1 DAC / Preamp / Headphone Amp
- Balanced "PureWave" circuitry
- Bluetooth 5.0
- MQA Hi-Res Playback
- Horizontal or vertical orientation (vertical stand supplied)
- OLED display (auto-adjusting to horizontal / vertical)
- Awesome gaming sound - pairs with PS5 and XBox Series X
- Digital Engine featuring Burr-Brown DAC chipset
- GMT Femto-Precision Clock
- GTO Filter
- Balanced output of over 1000 mW into 32 ohms
- Digital Inputs: USB3.0 B (USB2.0 compatible)/S-PDIF (coaxial/optical), Bluetooth 5.0 ( AAC, SBC, aptX, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive, aptX LL, LDAC, LHDC/HWA Codec)
- Input Formats: DSD512/256/128/64, Octa/Quad/Double/Single-Speed DSD, DXD (768/705.6/384/352.8kHz), Double/Single-Speed DXD, PCM (768/705.6/384/352.8/192/176.4/96/88.2/48/44.1kHz), MQA, Bluetooth 96kHz
- Balanced XLR Output: 6.3V / 7.7V max (variable), 4.4V fixed
- Unbalanced RCA Output: 3.2V / 3.9V max (variable), 2.2V fixed
- zOut Balanced: <= 100Ω
- zOut Unbalanced: <= 50Ω
- zOut SNR: -112dB(A) @ 0dBFS (UnBAL/BAL)
- zOut DNR: >116dB(A) @ -60dBFS (UnBAL/BAL)
- zOut THD + N: <0.0015% @ 0dBFS (UnBAL/BAL)
- Headphone Output: Balanced >6.4V/68.6 mW (@ 600Ω), >5.77V/1040 mW (@ 32Ω), Unbalanced >3.25V/17.6 mW (@ 600Ω), >3V/295 mW (@ 32Ω)
- Output Impedance: <1Ω (UnBAL/BAL)
- SNR: -112dBA (3.3V UnBAL/6.2V BAL)
- THD + N: <0.0015% (125mW @ 32Ω)
- Power consumption: No Signal 0.5W
- Max Signal 2.5W
- Dynamic range: -120dB(A)
- Input voltage: DC 5V/2.5A, AC 100 -240V, 50/60Hz (with iPower)
- Dimensions: 214 x146 x 41 mm
- Weight: 970 g
- Warranty: 12 months
- Remote Control
- Vertical Stand
- Power Adaptor
- USB Cable
- RCA Cable
- 6.3mm Adaptor
- Manual & Warranty Card
Delivery and Returns
|Shipping method||Delivery Time||Cost|
Please be advised that we may upgrade your delivery to a better service if we deem it appropriate to designated destinations at no additional cost. Please view our returns policy.
*Quoted delivery times are estimates and apply to normal working days for in stock items.
- Free UK First Class shipping on orders £ 99+
- UK shipping from: £1.75
- EU shipping from: £5.99
- International shipping from: £5.99
- View shipping rates for your country
- All other major credit/debit cards